- The article should be a minimum of 300 words and a maximum of 1100 words. We have analyzed that the articles of 500 plus words tend to do well on UtkalOdisha.
- Spelling and grammatical correctness in the article are highly appreciated. You can install Grammarly to help with your grammar and proofread your article before submitting.
- Structural correctness and the logical flow of the article is highly appreciated. Use headings, subheadings or lists to structure your writing.
- The article must be original content and cannot be published elsewhere. Your post should be 100% exclusive to UtkalOdisha (found nowhere else on the Internet).
- The article must not be an advertisement or promotional in nature. You can provide a short bio and photo at the end of the article with a link to your site. However, links are allowed only in the case of social articles and not for commercial articles.
- All posts are reviewed by editorial staff before being published on UtkalOdisha. Submissions are considered for the timeliness, relevance, originality, and constructive commentary. Not every submission is published. Submissions which have been, or are under consideration for publication elsewhere, are not considered.
- Kindly note that your post may be edited to meet UtkalOdisha’s style and standards and to improve the search engine visibility, though we will make every reasonable attempt to respect the writer’s work and maintain the sense of your writing. Changes may be made to the title, text or any images provided.
- All freelance content samples including graphic submissions submitted to the editor or web admin become the property of UtkalOdisha. UtkalOdisha is entitled to use the same for its sites in whatever way deemed suitable, but proper bylines will be given to the copyright owners.
- How to submit? You can directly submit here OR you can Send your pitches or completed article together with your full name, a short bio, and a headshot to [email protected] You are also invited to include a personal website address and any social media handles you wish to have included along with your profile. We prefer article submissions here on this platform OR as Word documents, we also accept a Google Doc.
- Articles should be accompanied by a few photos. If the authors do not have their own pictures, they can source them from the web, but after taking adequate permission from copyright holders.
- You may also share your own image if you want it to be published along with the article.
- Please choose the right category/subcategory most appropriate for the article.
- Restrict the category selection to just one category/subcategory.
- If you are not sure about the right category for the article, please select Miscellany.
- Please select anywhere between one (1) to three (3) tags most relevant to the article.